Spread Love

Classic House Music the 90's continued

Hola sweet lips,

How are you today? I'm so happy to be sitting down writing this post cause I really need some cheering up today. No, more than that, I need my spirits lifted and music always makes me feel better.

I thought of this post over the weekend and I know you're going to love it too. THese are 5 classic house jointz from the 90's that will make you want to put on your doc martins (mine are knee high) or your worker boots and get to stomping. I'm not lying just you wait till you hit play and the baseline penetrates your eardrum making you're body start twitching until you can't hold back any longer. And there you are stomping like you've been doing it all you life. Be sure to plug in to a nice surround sound system. Ready? Here we go.

Okay I'm going to start it off with something you've probably heard before and if you haven't I'm happy to share it with you. It's 1990, the beginning of the decade and you can hear house music evolving to include more sounds more instruments and sliced sampling of vocals. Now remember hip hop & base were also around during this time affecting house music with some badgrass deep, heavy, floor shaking, wall vibrating baselines. The song is Luv Dancing by Underground Sound aka S-Man aka Roger Sanchez on the Strictly Rhythm label.
Tracklist
A1 Luv Dancin' (In Deep Mix) 8:26
A2 Luv Dancin' (Egotrip Mix) 4:22
Label:Strictly Rhythm
Released:1990

The next song has many remix versions but since we're are talking about the best classic house music jointz I'm talking about the Masters at Work Dub. Pretty vocals and jumping off beats that make you wanna dance. Check it.
Saint Etienne - Only Love Can Break Your Heart
Label:Warner Bros. Records
Released:1990
Tracklist
Only Love Can Break Your Heart (Single Remix) 3:48
Only Love Can Break Your Heart (Single-Album Version) 4:28
Only Love Can Break Your Heart (Kenlou B-Boy Mix) 6:53
Only Love Can Break Your Heart (Masters At Work Dub)

I know you wanna kiss me for showing you these gems but you must restrain yourself cause we're only at number 3 and oh what a great one this is. I always get a major reaction when I bring this one out of the archives. Are you ready for greatness with a jazz influence? Next up is
Soho - Give It Up / Hot Music
Label:United Sounds of America
Released:1990

ARe you recognizing all these grand producers? Most are still around. Now I'm going to switch it up and play a Tony Humphries vocal house one for you.
Ceybil* - Love So Special
Label:Atlantic
Released:1991
Tracklist
A Love So Special (Tony's Extended Remix) 7:18
Remix, Producer [Additional] - Tony Humphries
B Love So Special (Extended Original Underground Mix)

Alright now to wrap things up were going to add some speed. Get ready to sweat to this Erick Morillo techno hit House Of Love (Raise Your House Mix).
Smooth Touch - House Of Love
Label:6 x 6 Records
Released:1994
Tracklist
A House Of Love (The Raise Your House Mix) 8:45
AA House Of Love (More / Phearce Mix)



which did u like best?
which would u add?

No comments: